Fasten’s Tipping Data Reveals Who Tips the Most, When & Where
Fasten celebrates 1st anniversary of in-app tipping with promotion
AUSTIN, Texas, (September 11, 2017) Fasten is celebrating the one year anniversary of making in-app tipping available in Austin by releasing a data analysis of the $2 million that Fasten drivers have earned in tips. The data shows just how generous the people of Austin can be when rewarding fast, friendly service, as well as some surprising trends about who tips the most, and where and when they travel. To thank Austin riders for their generosity, Fasten also announced that all tips given on September 12 will result in an equivalent credit being added to riders’ accounts.
“We’ve known all along that locals are our best customers, and this data proves it,” said Kirill Evdakov, co-founder and CEO of Fasten. “We appreciate their loyalty to Fasten and to our drivers, so to say ‘thanks’ we are giving everybody ride credits equal to the amount they tip on September 12.”
The analysis of $2 million in tips given to drivers in Austin since the in-app tipping feature became available shows a number of revealing patterns about Austin’s generosity:
Locals are the best tippers:
- Locals are tipping 33 percent more than visitors, on average.
- After a victory in a football game, Austinites are a little bit more generous to their Fasten drivers than they are after a loss. Hook ‘em Horns!
- People traveling to and from East Side bars are tipping 5 to 10 percent more than people going to and from West Side bars.
Austin tips every day of the week, and more when they are tipsy:
- Tips on weekends were almost identical to those given on weekdays, with only a 1% increase in generosity over weekends.
- Riders are much more liberal with their giving after a fun night on the town. The biggest tips usually come late night on workdays - and in the early mornings on weekends.
Where the big tippers are coming from, and where they are going:
- Pickup points where riders tipped the most were hotels, golf courses and … shoe stores. Yep – shoe stores.
- Drop-off points where riders tipped the most were airports, Irish pubs, arcade bars and art galleries.
- The biggest tippers are picked up at Fonda San Miguel, Bender Bar and Grill and Sam’s Boat.
- The biggest tippers are dropped off at Canopy, Jester King Brewery, Four Seasons Hotel and Holiday Inn, proving that it isn’t just high rollers at 5-star hotels that tip big for great service.
To show its gratitude for Austin’s generosity toward Fasten drivers the company is offering an opportunity to earn ride credits simply by tipping on Sept. 12 - the anniversary of the launch of Fasten’s in-app tipping feature in Austin. The one-day promotion will match the amount you tip your driver in the form of ride credits. So the more you tip, the more you’ll save on a future ride. Ride credits will be automatically added to your account on Sept. 13 following the promotion.
Based in Boston, Fasten is a ride hailing company dedicated to operating a profitable business that offers drivers fair pay, and that meets consumers’ needs for timely, efficient and affordable transportation. The company offers services in Boston, Mass. and Austin, Tex. with plans to expand to additional markets in 2017. More information is available via the web at www.fasten.com.
Scoville PR for Fasten